- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional, and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate, and efficient service on all savings products and services (CDs, IRAs, money market accounts, etc.).
- Respond to member inquires regarding savings products received in person, by telephone, or electronically.
- Open new membership accounts. Set up savings accounts or issue IRAs, CDs, or money market accounts. Enter all required information into the credit union’s computer system and maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation that complies with State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Deliver a professional and exceptional member experience with all individual contacts.
- Research and resolve any issues, discrepancies, or problems on savings products and services.
- Be a subject-matter expert for the credit union on IRAs, CDs, and other savings products and services. Ensure that knowledge on specialty is up to date by attending education seminars and/or reading industry periodicals and/or pending changes in rules and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of all credit union products and services; cross-sell those that best meet the members’ needs.
- Perform all in person/telephone transactions for members including but not limited to: Balances inquiries, payments/payoffs, rates, establish new accounts, IRAs, share certificates, wire transfers, loan opening/closings, check copies, adjustments/changes, automatic transfers, ATM cards, PIN changes, stop payments, deposits, withdrawals, transfers and check cashing.
- Comply with all credit union policies and procedures, state and federal regulations.
- Serve as back up for any designated branch staff as needed and directed.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensure that the CEO is kept fully informed on any issues of importance in the operations of the credit union.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree in Business preferred.
Required Skills / Experience
- 1-2 years of similar or related experience
- Possess intermediate mathematical skills performing calculations involving decimals, percentages, etc.
- Possess problem-solving skills required to resolve situations that go beyond clear, concise guidelines
- Possess the ability to accurately handle multiple functions and priorities
- Possess basic proficiency in one or more software programs
- Possess well-developed communication skills using courtesy and discretion
- Previous sales experience in the financial industry
- Basic understanding of lending to include knowledge of credit reports, loan policies, and risk-based pricing
- Knowledge of compliance regulations to ensure appropriate application to lending functions
- Entry level collections experience
- Possess the ability to work a flexible schedule to include occasional after hours as necessary
- Be able to lift minimum of 50 lbs. and move coin bags on a regular basis
Use of Senses
- Communicating via telephone and in person on frequent basis
- Viewing a computer terminal for an extended period of time while producing documents and conducting research
- Listening proactively and responding appropriately
- Extended periods of concentration
- Analysis and interpretation of complicated information
- Multiple tasks requiring prioritization of work
- Attention to detail
- Honesty, character, and integrity
- Dignity, respect, and kindness
- Caring and compassion
- Productivity and efficiency
Note: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be constructed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making decisions pertaining to compensation.